Pork with Gorgonzola Sauce Recipe
A tangy Gorgonzola cheese sauce dresses up tender slices of pork. Served alongside steamed broccoli, this special entree is sure to create a memorable holiday meal. —Taste of Home Cooking School
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Additional Gorgonzola cheese crumbles, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the Dijon mustard, olive oil and thyme until blended; set aside. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet over high heat, brown pork on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a foil-lined roasting pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Spread Dijon mustard mixture over all sides of pork. Bake at 425° for 10-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, over medium heat, saute garlic in butter for 30 seconds. Stir in flour until well blended. Gradually whisk in the cream, wine and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add cheese. Cook and stir until sauce is reduced to desired consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Slice pork and transfer to serving plates. Spoon sauce over pork. Sprinkle pork with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork with Gorgonzola Sauce in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2007, p57
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pork with Gorgonzola Sauce(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 15, 2011
Absolutely loved the sauce! Very good. I added more gorgonzola cheese. I will make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >