Pork with Garlic Cream Sauce
This quick-cooking dish is a garlic lover's delight. The tender pork medallions are dressed in a creamy garlic sauce and sprinkled with sesame seeds. "It's a family favorite that's oh so good!" raves Elisa Lochridge of Beaverton, Oregon.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Broil: 10 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Cut pork into 1-in. slices; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Place in a
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Brush
- oil over all sides of pork; sprinkle with half of the sesame seeds.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes; turn and sprinkle with
- remaining sesame seeds. Broil 3-5 minutes longer or until meat
- juices runs clear.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir
- in milk and cream cheese. Reduce heat; cook and stir until blended
- and smooth. Stir in chives. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 ounces cooked pork with 2 tablespoons sauce) equals 255 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,