Pork with Garlic Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1. Cut pork into 1-in. slices; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Brush oil over all sides of pork; sprinkle with half of the sesame seeds.
- 2. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes; turn and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds. Broil 3-5 minutes longer or until meat juices runs clear.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in milk and cream cheese. Reduce heat; cook and stir until blended and smooth. Stir in chives. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 255 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:4 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Pork with Garlic Cream Sauce
"This was super quick and very tasty. I did add about 2 extra cloves of garlic because...well I like the stuff!! I cut the pork loin super thin so I didn't have to "flatten" it...it was just about 3 minutes each side and it was wonderful. The cream sauce thickens a lot next time I may add a bit more milk to thin it a little bit...but there will be a next time!"
"This was delicious, fast and simple! I used light herb and garlic cream cheese and doubled the sauce recipe to serve with rice. I pan fried the pork tenderloin slices instead of broiling. Very popular!"
"This is Elisa from Tigard, OR. These are mine. They got the city and state wrong. This is for friends who I know wanted to look these up online and did not want them to pass them up thinking it was someone else."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.