Pork with Curried Apple & Couscous Recipe
Enjoy a change-of-pace recipe on our Test Kitchen. The aroma of this delicious dinner will really whet your appetite. Curry brings earthy flavor while raisins and apples lend a touch of sweetness.
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked couscous
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown pork in 2 teaspoons butter. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°, turning occasionally. Remove pork and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in remaining butter until tender. Add apple and raisins; saute 2 minutes longer. Combine the cornstarch, curry powder and broth until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and couscous. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork with Curried Apple & Couscous in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork with Curried Apple & Couscous(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >