- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 bacon strips, cut up
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups corn bread crumbs
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick) or 1 pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds), boned for stuffing
- Pour water over raisins; set aside. In a saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; add celery and onion. Cook and stir for 2 minutes; remove from the heat. In a small bowl, combine the egg, salt, pepper and bacon and raisin mixtures. Add crumbs and toss lightly.
- If stuffing pork chops, cut a pocket in each chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon about 1/3 cup stuffing into each chop; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- If stuffing a roast, fill pocket in roast with stuffing. Tie roast with string and place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 6 servings (chops) or 8-10 servings (roast).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork with Corn Bread Stuffing
Sort By :
I love stuffed pork chops, and these were very good. Family gave them thumbs-up.
I used a long pork loin from Sam's club...slit it down the middle (fat side up) stuffed it and brushed the whole thing with kitchen bouquet and used Canadian chicken seasoning.....Five Star restaurant good....You have to try it!
I made the pork chops version and they were sooooo yummy! The only change I made was that I sprinkled each chop with salt crystals prior to baking. They came out so delicious. I will definitely be making this again!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >