Pork with Blueberry Herb Sauce Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, pepper, salt and cayenne; sprinkle over pork.
- 2. In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops. Bake, uncovered at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove pork and keep warm.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients to the pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 8 minutes. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/4 cup sauce equals 343 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.