- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, pepper, salt and cayenne; sprinkle over pork.
- In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops. Bake, uncovered at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove pork and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 8 minutes. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork with Blueberry Herb Sauce
Sort By :
"This was really good. I would have never put blueberries with pork chops, but it really worked. I will definitely make these again."
"I have made this several times and follow recipe exactly and it always turns out wonderful. My husband said this is a keeper!"
"What a wonderful flavor combination. Sweet yet tangy. Hubby says to add this to the favorites list!"
"Great simple recipe! Loved it!"
"Easy and soooo delicious! I grilled my porkchops and simmered the other ingredients on the stove."