Pork with Artichokes and Capers Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Lemon slices
- 1. Cut pork into 1-in. slices; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook pork in butter in batches until tender. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook and stir onion until tender. Stir in the artichokes, broth, capers and mustard; heat through. Serve over pork; sprinkle with parsley. Garnish with lemon. Yield: 4 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup artichoke mixture equals 263 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.