- 4 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place tenderloins on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Slice the pork; serve 1-1/2 pounds with the apricot sauce. Refrigerate or freeze remaining pork for another use. Yield: 4-6 servings (2 cups sauce) plus 2-1/2 pounds leftover pork.
Originally published as Pork with Apricot Sauce in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p44
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork with Apricot Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 31, 2011
"Can this be made with a different preserves like peach?"