Pork with Apples and Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 4 large tart apples, peeled
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the salt, cinnamon, cardamom and pepper. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon spice mixture and 3 teaspoons oil; toss to coat.
- 2. Arrange potatoes in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes.
- 3. Rub the remaining oil over pork; rub with remaining spice mixture. Place over the sweet potatoes. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 4. Cut each apple into eight wedges. turn pork; arrange apples around meat. Bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 321 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer