Pork with Apples 'n' Hazelnuts Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, cut into wedges
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, saute the onion, apple and carrot for 1 minute. Add broth; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- 3. Stir in the cream, vinegar, mustard, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Return pork to the pan; stir to coat. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 439 calories, 32 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer