- a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until a
- meat thermometer reads 160°, turning pork occasionally. Remove
- pork and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt and pepper; gradually
- stir in cream and mustard. Stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked pork with 3/4 cup sauce equals 400 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 903 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.