Pork with Apple-Cinnamon Rice Recipe
“My mother always had a way of making every dish she served special,” Edie DeSpain recalls from Logan, Utah. “This pork entree with apples, raisins, cinnamon and maple-flavored syrup is just one example.”
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple (about 1 medium)
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup sugar-free maple-flavored syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, combine the water, apple juice, apple, rice, raisins, cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, cut pork diagonally into 3/4-in. slices; sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. In a large nonstick skillet, cook pork in butter over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine syrup and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir parsley into the rice. Serve pork over rice; drizzle with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork with Apple-Cinnamon Rice in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork with Apple-Cinnamon Rice(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2010
This is really a 3 and a 1/2. It was good but not great. I did really like the maple flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >