Pork Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 can (12 ounces) light or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Sprinkle pork with garlic powder. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
1-1/3 cups equals 258 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.