- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 can (12 ounces) light or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sprinkle pork with garlic powder. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil; drain.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
Made this tonight at a relatives house, so I didn't have the bay leaves or thyme; but it was delicious!! I will definitely make this again at home. Very easy and very yummy!
This is one of my favorite crock pot recipes! I've used different types of beer (whatever I had on hand) and it has always turned out delicious! It is a unique and yummy change from boring old beef stew. :)
We loved the flavor and have discussed the comments of those that did not like it. If they used a heavy or dark beer instead of the light it COULD make this bitter. MAYBE that is their problem. We found it very flavorful and WILL make it again.
Yummy and easy!
What a great soup/stew! Made this yesterday and it turned out wonderful! I did make a few changes...did not put in the tapioca and I used my own canned tomatoes. I also used pork spare ribs as that is what I had on hand. Cut the meat into cubes from the bone and then put in some bones with meat still on. Since my crock pot was a bigger size, I doubled the recipe. This will definitely go in the "keeper" box!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Stew Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >