Pork Vegetable Skillet Recipe
Some handy store-bought items and a few dried herbs make this vibrant stovetop dish with a creamy sauce so simple to whip up. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups cubed eggplant
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- 1. Cook pork in a large skillet over medium heat in 1 tablespoon oil until browned; remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the eggplant, zucchini, onion and carrots in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, soup, cheese, water, salt and seasonings; add pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve with fettuccine. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC