- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve whole grain brown and wild rice medley
- 1-3/4 cups frozen broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope pork gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Make a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the rice, vegetables, apricots, parsley and seasonings.
- Remove plastic; spread rice mixture over meat. Close tenderloins; tie with kitchen string. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the water, gravy mix, mustard and sage. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley.
- Brush 2 tablespoons gravy over tenderloins. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes. Discard string; cut each tenderloin into nine slices. Serve with remaining gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloins with Wild Rice
Sort By :
Looks pretty. Average taste. A lot of work for little flavor.
Wow this was good. I didn't know about the apricots, but it made it. When I make it again I will serve the rice on the side and cook the tenderloin by it self. It was a lot of work. The gravy is excellent.
A friend made this recipe for a dinner gathering and it was fantastic. I would definitely make this myself.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >