Pork Tenderloin with Zesty Italian Sauce
We like to serve this dish with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh green beans or buttery corn on the cob. —Joe Vince, Port Huron, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over
- medium-high heat. Brown pork, about 2 minutes on each side; remove
- from the pan.
- Add wine to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits from the bottom.
- Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by about half. Stir in
- dressing. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until
- slightly thickened.
- Return pork to pan; simmer, covered, for 3-5 minutes or until a
- thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Stir in butter. Let
- pork rest for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic