Pork Tenderloin with Zesty Italian Sauce Recipe
We like to serve this dish with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh green beans or buttery corn on the cob. —Joe Vince, Port Huron, Michigan
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork, about 2 minutes on each side; remove from the pan.
- 2. Add wine to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits from the bottom. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by about half. Stir in dressing. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Return pork to pan; simmer, covered, for 3-5 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Stir in butter. Let pork rest for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC