Pork Tenderloin with Three-Berry Salsa Recipe
My husband came home from a work meeting that had served pork with a blueberry salsa. He was amazed at how tasty it was, so I came up with my own rendition without seeing or tasting what he had. It took several tries, but this is the delicious result.—Angie Phillips, Tarzana, California
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blackberries (about 6 ounces), thawed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (about 6 ounces), thawed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (about 6 ounces), thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each), cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Place the first five ingredients in a bowl; toss lightly to combine. Reserve 1 cup berry mixture for sauce. For salsa, gently stir onion, lime juice, cilantro and salt into remaining mixture; let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the pork and cook 2-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining pork and oil.
- In same pan, add wine, shallots and reserved berry mixture, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook 4-6 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1 tablespoon. Stir in stock; cook 5 minutes longer or until shallots are tender, stirring occasionally. Return pork to pan; heat through. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin with Three-Berry Salsa in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Three-Berry Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review