Pork Tenderloin with Stuffing Recipe
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, celery mixture, salt and pepper; set aside.
- 2. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides over medium-high heat.
- 3. Spoon stuffing onto one tenderloin. Top with the second tenderloin; tie with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into meat reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 263 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Stuffing
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.