Pork Tenderloin with Spiced Plum Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds medium plums, halved and pitted
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground cloves, cardamom and allspice
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring plums and vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; transfer to a food processor. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until blended; strain.
- 2. Return plum mixture to the pan; stir in the brown sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Place pork on a rack in a roasting pan; sprinkle with pepper. Set aside 1/2 cup plum sauce for serving. Spoon half of the remaining sauce over pork.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 303 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fruit.