Pork Tenderloin with Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu
- 1 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2 in. thickness. Remove plastic; set tenderloins aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute sweet red pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender; add spinach and cook 2 minutes longer. Spread over tenderloins; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roll up; tie several times with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-60 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160°. Transfer to a warm serving platter. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, combine the tofu, roasted red peppers, parsley and cheese in a food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan; heat through (do not boil). Serve with tenderloin. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin with Red Pepper Sauce in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p51
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Red Pepper Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review