Pork Tenderloin with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- 1. Cut tenderloin into eight pieces; flatten each piece to 1-in. thickness. Sprinkle cayenne on both sides if desired. In a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the preserves, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and horseradish. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with tenderloin; garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 204 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.