Pork Tenderloin with Raspberry Dijon Sauce Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Flatten pork slices to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with pepper blend. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat, cook pork in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, add the jam, vinegar and mustard, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 256 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.