Pork Tenderloin With Mushrooms Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Hot wild rice or noodles, optional
- 1. In a skillet, brown pork in butter. Transfer meat to an ungreased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside. In the pan drippings, saute the onion, mushrooms and celery until tender. Combine flour and broth until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with rice or noodles if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin With Mushrooms
"Made this a second time. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the first! Only things I did differently was not having any celery, and using marinated mushrooms, because tha's all we had. Also doubled the gravy. Definitely a keeper now!"
"This was absolutely succulent! I followed the recipe precisely, except I didn't have celery (but I added some celery seed for taste). Perfect--this will go into my frequent rotation."
"Delicious recipe. I agree that the gravy needs to be doubled. I made it using 1 pork tenderloin and there was a perfect amount of gravy."
"My family loved this. Served with brown rice as that is what I had in the cupboard. Next time I will double the gravy and add more mushrooms."
"very easy to make and mmmm good"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.