Pork Tenderloin With Mushrooms Recipe
Over the years, I've found the trick to serving this tender pork with its mild onion-and-mushroom-flavored gravy is to fix enough— people tend to come back for seconds!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:8 servings
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Hot wild rice or noodles, optional
- 1. In a skillet, brown pork in butter. Transfer meat to an ungreased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside. In the pan drippings, saute the onion, mushrooms and celery until tender. Combine flour and broth until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with rice or noodles if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC