Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Cut tenderloin widthwise into fourths. Slice each piece in half but do not cut all the way through; open and flatten each piece. Melt butter in a large skillet; add pork. Combine thyme, seasoning blend and pepper; sprinkle half over the meat. Cook 3-4 minutes per side. Add mushrooms and onion. Cook and stir until vegetables are almost tender and pork is no longer pink. Remove meat to a platter and keep warm. Combine milk, mustard, cornstarch and the remaining thyme mixture; stir into the vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Spoon over pork and serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 209 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.