Pork Tenderloin with Marsala Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (1/2 ounce) dried chanterelle mushrooms
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 4 ounces pearl onions, trimmed and peeled
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine dried mushrooms and hot water; set aside. In another bowl, combine the dried herbs, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Sprinkle over pork.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown tenderloins in 2 tablespoons oil on all sides. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute the sliced mushrooms and onions in the remaining oil until mushrooms are browned. Add the wine, broth and remaining salt. Drain chanterelle mushrooms; add to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add pork.
- 4. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove pork and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 5. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 6. Slice pork and serve with sauce. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup sauce: 306 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.