- another bowl, combine the dried herbs, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon
- salt and pepper. Sprinkle over pork.
- In a large skillet, brown tenderloins in 2 tablespoons oil on all
- sides. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the sliced mushrooms and onions in the
- remaining oil until mushrooms are browned. Add the wine, broth and
- remaining salt. Drain chanterelle mushrooms; add to the pan. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; add pork.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- 145°. Remove pork and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the
- pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- Slice pork and serve with sauce. Garnish with parsley if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup sauce equals 306 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.