I served this entree one year for Christmas Eve dinner, and it's now a family favorite. My husband is always happy when we have leftovers because he uses them for sandwiches.
Recommended: 28 Romantic Dinners for Valentines Day (or Any Day!)
- 1 package (1/2 ounce) dried chanterelle mushrooms
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 4 ounces pearl onions, trimmed and peeled
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, combine dried mushrooms and hot water; set aside. In another bowl, combine the dried herbs, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Sprinkle over pork.
- In a large skillet, brown tenderloins in 2 tablespoons oil on all sides. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the sliced mushrooms and onions in the remaining oil until mushrooms are browned. Add the wine, broth and remaining salt. Drain chanterelle mushrooms; add to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add pork.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove pork and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice pork and serve with sauce. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin with Marsala Mushroom Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p108
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Marsala Mushroom Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review