Pork Tenderloin with Horseradish Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- HORSERADISH SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the steak seasoning, rosemary and thyme; rub over meat. Using the point of a sharp knife, make eight slits in the tenderloin. Insert garlic into slits. Place meat on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with vinegar and oil.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients; chill until serving. Serve with pork. Yield: 2 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 258 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Horseradish Sauce
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.