Pork Tenderloin with Gravy Recipe
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 3/4 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until blended; set aside. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides. Stir in the gravy mixture, mushrooms and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 577 calories, 35 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 2,535 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.