- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 3/4 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until blended; set aside. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides. Stir in the gravy mixture, mushrooms and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Gravy
"came out just a good as I had hoped! definitely a keeper in my recipe box!!"
"I have to give this a 4 because I prefer my pork a little more tender and the amount of time in a skillet does not make it tender enough for me. The flavor was awesome though! We loved the taste but not the pork. In a couple wees we will try again but I will put it in the crockpot so it comes out more the way we like the pork....tender. I'll bet in the crockpot this would be a 5 star."
"Easy and very good, a family favorite."
"its a keeper!"
"Made this tonight for the first time. Didn't see the putting it over rice part, so I made mash potatoes instead. My husband absolutely LOVED it. Told me I can make this again any time I want."