Pork Tenderloin with Glazed Red Onion Recipe
This colorful entree has been a longtime family favorite. I pair it with rice pilaf or orzo to complement the thyme in the pork and the balsamic vinegar in the onions. Patricia Schmidt of Sterling Heights, Michigan
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- RED ONION TOPPING:
- 4 large red onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the thyme, oil, salt and pepper; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onions in oil until tender; add the wine, raisins, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Stir in vinegar and thyme; cook and stir 10 minutes longer to blend flavors. Set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place pork on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve with warm red onion topping. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin with Glazed Red Onion in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Glazed Red Onion(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2009
Great meal. I take as a "Meals on Wheels" to sick friends and it's always a hit.
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >