Pork Tenderloin with Glazed Red Onion Recipe
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- RED ONION TOPPING:
- 4 large red onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the thyme, oil, salt and pepper; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onions in oil until tender; add the wine, raisins, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Stir in vinegar and thyme; cook and stir 10 minutes longer to blend flavors. Set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place pork on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve with warm red onion topping. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Glazed Red Onion(2)
Sort By :
My husband and I loved this easy to make dish. With just the two of us, we were able to get several meals out of it and each was as tasty as the last.
Great meal. I take as a "Meals on Wheels" to sick friends and it's always a hit.
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >