Pork Tenderloin with Glazed Red Onion Recipe
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- RED ONION TOPPING:
- 4 large red onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the thyme, oil, salt and pepper; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onions in oil until tender; add the wine, raisins, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Stir in vinegar and thyme; cook and stir 10 minutes longer to blend flavors. Set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place pork on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve with warm red onion topping. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Glazed Red Onion
Sort By :
My husband and I loved this easy to make dish. With just the two of us, we were able to get several meals out of it and each was as tasty as the last.
Great meal. I take as a "Meals on Wheels" to sick friends and it's always a hit.