Pork Tenderloin with Glazed Onions
My husband and I love pork, especially when it's dressed up like this. Sweet apricots and glazed onions go beautifully with the juicy meat. —Janice Christofferson, Eagle River, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 large sweet onions, sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- In large skillet, saute onions in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the
- apricots, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; cook until onions
- are tender.
- Place pork tenderloins on a rack coated with cooking spray in a
- shallow roasting pan; top with onion mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-27 minutes or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with onion mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup onion mixture equals 284 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,