Pork Tenderloin with Glazed Onions Recipe
- 4 large sweet onions, sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1. In large skillet, saute onions in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the apricots, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; cook until onions are tender.
- 2. Place pork tenderloins on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow roasting pan; top with onion mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-27 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with onion mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup onion mixture equals 284 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.