My husband and I love pork, especially when it's dressed up like this. Sweet apricots and glazed onions go beautifully with the juicy meat. —Janice Christofferson, Eagle River, Wisconsin
- 4 large sweet onions, sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- In large skillet, saute onions in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the apricots, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; cook until onions are tender.
- Place pork tenderloins on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow roasting pan; top with onion mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-27 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with onion mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin with Glazed Onions in Country Woman April/May 2008, p27
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Glazed Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review