- 4 large sweet onions, sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- In large skillet, saute onions in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the apricots, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; cook until onions are tender.
- Place pork tenderloins on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow roasting pan; top with onion mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-27 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with onion mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Glazed Onions
"I made this the other night for dinner. It's delicious-and super easy. The only thing I did differently than the original recipe was seasoned the outside of each tenderloin with a mixture of garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and a pinch of dried thyme and seared them in a little vegetable oil in a skillet before putting them on the rack to bake. The onions turn a dark golden brown from the balsamic vinegar and the apricots add a nice pop of sweetness here and there. They really compliment the juicy, tender pork.This is a recipe I'll go to often. Thank you, Janice!"
"I have made this recipe several times and it's always a hit. looks as delicious as it taste."
"This is amazing! Sweet, savory, tender meat. This will make a great special occasion dinner or company dinner. Impressive & easy. Can't beat it."