Pork Tenderloin with Fruit Sauce Recipe
Since my husband hates leftovers and there are just the two of us, I always try to pare recipes down in both quantity and fat content. This sweet-and-sour pork is such a favorite. My husband happily finishes any leftovers for lunch the next day! —Linda Brown, Columbus, North Carolina
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/2 cup 100% raspberry spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the pineapple and spreadable fruit; cook and stir until spreadable fruit is dissolved. Stir in the soy sauce, garlic powder and ginger. Bring to a boil. Stir cornstarch mixture and stir into pineapple mixture; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Keep warm.
- Cut pork into 3/4-in.-thick slices. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. Pour fruit sauce over meat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin with Fruit Sauce in Country Woman November/December 2005, p34
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Fruit Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >