VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Set aside and keep warm.
- Flatten pork to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, brown pork in butter; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute shallot in drippings until tender. Add cream, reserved cherry mixture and remaining salt and pepper, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to sauce consistency. Return pork to the pan; cook until no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin with Dried Cherries in Taste of Home A+ Recipes from Schools Across America 2013, p134