- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute carrot and onion in butter for 2 minutes. Add the pork; brown on all sides. Stir in the broth, lemon juice, lemon peel, thyme, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 16-18 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Remove meat and keep warm.
- Strain pan juices, discarding vegetables and bay leaf. Return 1/4 cup to skillet. Combine flour and cream until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin with Cream Sauce in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p57
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >