Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup burgundy wine or additional cranberry juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1. Cut tenderloins into 1/2-in. slices; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork on both sides in butter in batches. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, cranberry juice, cream and wine or additional juice. Pour into the skillet; simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until reduced by half. Combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth; gradually stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over pork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (6 slices) equals 363 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer