- hours or overnight.
- For chutney, in a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Uncover; simmer
- 20-25 minutes longer or until desired consistency, stirring
- occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, drain and discard marinade. Place pork on a rack in a
- shallow roasting pan. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with chutney. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup chutney).
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup chutney equals 306 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.