Scrumptious, elegant, easy...what more could you want in a recipe? The homemade cilantro-jalapeno pesto has a wonderful blend of flavor and goes deliciously well with the pork.—Jerri Gradert, Lincoln, Nebraska
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- In a small food processor, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Make a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloin so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness.
- Remove plastic wrap; spread a fourth of the pesto mixture over each tenderloin. Sprinkle each with the cheese, sunflower kernels and bacon. Close tenderloins; tie at 1-1/2-in. to 2-in. intervals with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks. Spread remaining pesto over tenderloins. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Place tenderloins on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin with Cilantro-Lime Pesto in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p126