Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Relish Recipe
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano, tarragon and rosemary, crushed
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each), trimmed
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine garlic powder and herbs; rub over pork. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. For relish, in a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add sugar; cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until onion is browned. Add the cherries, vinegar and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan lined with foil. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with relish. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup relish).
3 ounces cooked pork with 2 tablespoons relish equals 217 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Relish
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.