Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Relish Recipe
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano, tarragon and rosemary, crushed
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each), trimmed
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine garlic powder and herbs; rub over pork. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. For relish, in a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add sugar; cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until onion is browned. Add the cherries, vinegar and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan lined with foil. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with relish. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup relish).
1 each: 217 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Relish
"My family absolutely loved this recipe and constantly request it. I was a bit hesitant about the relish and if my family would like since it was mainly onions and cherries but they love that too. Great recipe."
"This easy to prepare recipe results in a spectacular finish! Your family or guests will think you spent hours in the kitchen to prepare this delicious dish. I changed the recipe slightly by using dried cranberries instead of cherries, only because I didn't have cherries on hand. I served the pork and relish along with baked sweet potatoes and steamed asparagus which resulted in a lovely presentation."
"I used stevia instead of the sugar."