Pork Tenderloin Stir-Fry
A flavorful stir-fry doesn't have to feed an army, as this delicious serves-two version proves. From Aylmer, Ontario, Shelly McCallum writes, "This combination of tender meat and crunchy vegetables is so satisfying."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 4 ounces canned bean sprouts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, stir-fry pork in oil until no longer pink. Add
- the mushrooms, onions and peas; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the
- cabbage, bean sprouts, garlic, ginger and sugar; stir-fry for 2
- minutes. Stir in soy sauce. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce; calculated without rice) equals 254 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a