Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
Chutney and pears add a distinctive touch to these sandwiches, making them perfect for special luncheons. But they're so simple that you won't mind making them anytime.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 6 slices process American cheese
- Cut pork widthwise into six slices; sprinkle with seasoned salt and
- pepper. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; cook in oil in a large skillet
- over medium heat for about 4 minutes per side or until no longer
- Meanwhile, toast bread and spread each slice with about 2 teaspoons
- chutney. Top with tenderloin, pears and cheese; place on an
- ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 2-3 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 334 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 822 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot