Pork Tenderloin Panini with Fig Port Jam Recipe
“I serve these rather sophisticated, yet simple sandwiches for dinner or cut them into smaller servings for appetizers. They’re great hot or cold, but if serving cold, I like to add some watercress for a bit more color.” Casey Galloway - Columbia, MO
- 1/3 cup port wine or grape juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 dried figs, chopped
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup watercress, optional
- Cooking spray
- For jam, in small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Cool slightly; discard rosemary. Transfer mixture to blender; cover and process until blended. Cover and chill until serving.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle tenderloin with salt and pepper; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Cut pork into 1/8-in. slices.
- On four bread slices, layer the pork, jam, cheese and watercress if desired; top with remaining bread. Coat outsides of sandwiches with cooking spray.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin Panini with Fig Port Jam in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p31
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin Panini with Fig Port Jam(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >