Pork Tenderloin Panini with Fig Port Jam Recipe
- 1/3 cup port wine or grape juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 dried figs, chopped
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup watercress, optional
- Cooking spray
- For jam, in small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Cool slightly; discard rosemary. Transfer mixture to blender; cover and process until blended. Cover and chill until serving.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle tenderloin with salt and pepper; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Cut pork into 1/8-in. slices.
- On four bread slices, layer the pork, jam, cheese and watercress if desired; top with remaining bread. Coat outsides of sandwiches with cooking spray.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread is lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin Panini with Fig Port Jam in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin Panini with Fig Port Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >