“As a busy mom, I’m always on the look out for elegant dishes that are quick to make for a special occasion,” relates Diane Peterson of Hudsonville, Michigan. “This delicious breaded pork can be made in minutes.”
Recommended: 30 Pork Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons additional chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Cut pork into 12 pieces; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat egg and water. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Coat pork with flour mixture, dip in egg and then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook pork in butter and oil for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms, wine or broth and additional broth to skillet; stir to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice and parsley; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Pour over pork. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin Medallions in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p26
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin Medallions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2012
"This is an excellent recipe. I made it without mushrooms but still used the wine/lemon sauce and served it over buttered egg noodles."