Pork Tenderloin Medallions Recipe
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons additional chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- 1. Cut pork into 12 pieces; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat egg and water. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Coat pork with flour mixture, dip in egg and then coat with crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook pork in butter and oil for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add the mushrooms, wine or broth and additional broth to skillet; stir to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice and parsley; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Pour over pork. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 377 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 648 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin Medallions
"This is an excellent recipe. I made it without mushrooms but still used the wine/lemon sauce and served it over buttered egg noodles."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.