- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, 1 cup strawberries, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Strain mixture and set aside liquid, discarding solids.
- Sprinkle pork with garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork in batches on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth mixture to the pan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth and gradually stir into skillet.
- Return pork to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and pork is tender. Top each serving with cheese, onions and remaining strawberries. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Strawberry Sauce
"I made the sauce as a marinade instead and it turned out great. I was just being lazy but I would recommend that technique if you feel like going about it that way. And I didn't brown the meat."
"Loved this! Made the broth mixture about a week in advance and left it in a jar in the refridge (change of plans). It was fine when I got to it and went on with the recipe as written. Very nice combination of flavors, will make again and not change a thing."
"I am always on the lookout for new "pork tenderloin recipes", since my family likes this cut of meat. This Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Strawberry Sauce is a keeper. It is a very refined recipe. The pork melts in your mouth and the sauce is smooth and has an incredible, yet indescribable taste. I have made this meal as a Sunday dinner and I would not hesitate to serve it to a few guests..."
"This is Gourmet Good! Unique flavor combinations - the colors of the ingredients together made a wonderful presentation. Can be done ahead - I reheated sauce with medallions when ready. Simple preparation."
"This was so tasty."