Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine broth, 1 cup strawberries, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Strain mixture and set aside liquid, discarding solids.
- 2. Sprinkle pork with garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork in batches on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add broth mixture to the pan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth and gradually stir into skillet.
- 4. Return pork to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and pork is tender. Top each serving with cheese, onions and remaining strawberries. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 244 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.