Pork Tenderloin Medallions Recipe
“As a busy mom, I’m always on the look out for elegant dishes that are quick to make for a special occasion,” relates Diane Peterson of Hudsonville, Michigan. “This delicious breaded pork can be made in minutes.”
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons additional chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Cut pork into 12 pieces; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat egg and water. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Coat pork with flour mixture, dip in egg and then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook pork in butter and oil for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms, wine or broth and additional broth to skillet; stir to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice and parsley; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Pour over pork. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Tenderloin Medallions in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p26
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pork Tenderloin Medallions(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2012
This is an excellent recipe. I made it without mushrooms but still used the wine/lemon sauce and served it over buttered egg noodles.
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >