Pork Tenderloin Fajitas
“This easy recipe offers loads of taste appeal,” promises Rachel Hozey of Pensacola, Florida. Sizzling pork tenderloin and veggies are coated with a zippy cilantro mixture and tucked into tortillas for an enticing meal.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cilantro, garlic powder, chili powder and
- cumin; set aside. In a large skillet, saute pork in oil until no
- longer pink. Add onion and green pepper; cook until crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with seasoning mixture; toss to coat. Spoon onto tortillas;
- serve with cheese and sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fajita (calculated without cheese and sour cream) equals 327 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.